Percussion with BruceBruce Landmark currently teaches at Lakeland College and the Canadian University College in Lacombe, Alta. He teaches all ages and levels of percussion students.
Bruce studied at Indiana University Bloomington with the renowned George Gaber, the principal timpanist with the NBC Orchestra. Landmark earned both his bachelor and master degrees in percussion performance. He also studied under Abe Markus, principal percussionist for the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, and Ray Riley, principal percussionist with the Toronto Symphony.
Always a principal percussionist and/or principal timpanist, Landmark has performed with a number of orchestras including the Calgary Philharmonic, Indianapolis Philharmonic, Owensboro Philharmonic (Kentucky), the National Youth Orchestra of Canada, Victoria Symphony, Scheitztournee-Theatre (Basil Switzerland), Theatre Des Westins (Berlin), Orchestra Sinfonica (Maracaibo, Venezuela) and the Saskatoon Symphony. His experience ranges through shows, big band, jazz, Latin, rock, country, and show bands.
He has founded several associations, including FAdCo, a drum manufacturing company, The Landmark Musical Connoisseur Series and the Landmark Percussive Arts Society. He continues to tour, soloing with orchestras and performing solo concerts.
Students may enrol in either private or ensemble lessons.
Days & Hours
Lessons are held every two weeks from Mondays to Saturdays
Semester 1 - September 5, 2016 - January 20, 2017
Semester 2 - January 23, 2017 - May 26, 2017
||30 minute lesson
|| 45 minute lessons
||60 minute lessons
|| ½ year - $400
|| Full year - $800
|No lessons are held during the following breaks:
Schedule & Tuition
Registration InformationTo register, please click the Register Here button at the top of this page, or visit: www.lakelandcollege.ca/music-lessons
When you register, please note:
- First right of refusal of a lesson time is provided to all returning students.
- Registration for any new students will open July 4, 2016.
- All registrations are date and time stamped.
- New registrations and students will be taken based on a first come, first served basis.
- Your registration is not complete until payment in full has been received.
- All payments for the 2016-17 academic year are due by July 11, 2016 for Semester 1 or any full year students.
- Payments for the second semester are due by December 15, 2016.
- Failure to provide payment by the above deadline may result in losing your lesson spot.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
- 100% refund if you withdraw two full working days prior to the start date of your lessons.
- Refund of 50% of tuition if you withdraw before you complete 4 lessons.
- There is no refund following the completion of 4 lessons.
- You must notify Lakeland College if you withdraw. Not coming to for lesson doesn't mean you have officially withdrawn.
- Students must tell their instructor if they are going miss a lesson.
- Only one make-up lesson is provided per semester. Make-up lessons are at the discretion of the instructor.
Last updated on