If your child is looking for a different venue of acting – have them check out what live theatre and storytelling is really like. Lakeland College Performing Arts is pleased to introduce Stage & Theatre Foundations – a drama class that focuses on acting out stories and creating scenes on stage. Our instructor will choose from a variety of popular and modern children’s stories and students will bring them to life on stage in front of a live audience. Two ages groups of this class are being offered!
About the Instructor
Cornelius Krahn (M.Ed., B.Ed., and B.A.) is currently a teacher-librarian with the Lloydminster Public School Division and has a solid background in many aspects of theatre. Starting with his first acting role in The Monster on Maple Street in Grade 7 to directing the Vic Juba Community Players’ production of Ken Ludwig’s Lend Me A Tenor last year, Krahn has acted, directed and stage managed; he has designed sets and costumes; and has learned and taught students of all ages. Hoping to pass on his knowledge and passion for creating live theatre, Krahn is looking forward to working with students at Lakeland College.
Theatre & Stage Foundations Junior QDRA 121Geared for children aged 9-12. This junior class will explore theatre and stage blocking, character development and scene development. It is a great introduction to spoken word stage productions and allows students to explore dramatic roles in a fun and invigorating environment.
Theatre & Stage Foundations Senior QDRA 122Developed for students aged 13-18. This group will delve a little deeper into stage production roles and scene development.
Classes are held on Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8 p.m. and both classes will work together through the development and rehearsal of the production. Final stage production is scheduled for March 16, 17 & 18, 2017 on the Vic Juba Community Theatre Stage. Extra rehearsals on Saturdays may be scheduled closer to the production dates.
Schedule & Tuition
|Theatre & Stage Foundations Junior QDRA 121||Sep 21-Mar 18||W||6:30-8 PM||$500||30|
|Theatre & Stage Foundations Senior QDRA 122||Sep 21-Mar 18||W||6:30-8 PM||$500||30|
To register, please click the register button at the top right of this page, or go directly to our continuing education online registration form.
- To speak to someone regarding our theatre programming, or for more information, please contact the Continuing Education Department at 780 871 5701.
- Your registration is not complete until it is paid in full. All payments for the Musical Theatre & Triple Threat programming are due with registration.
- Registrations for all students are date and time stamped. New registrations and students will be taken based on a first come, first paid, first served basis.
- Please leave cell phones, iPhones, iPads, video games and all other electronic devices at home.
- Please review your class schedule. Additional rehearsal times will be booked closer to the production dates and may include some Saturdays. Lakeland College's Stage & Theatre Foundations production is scheduled for March 16, 17 & 18, 2017.
- There are no classes on the following breaks: Nov 7-11, 2016; Dec 21, 2016 - Jan 6, 2017; and Feb 20-24, 2017.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
- 100% refund if you withdraw two full working days before you class starts.
- Refund of 50% of tuition if you withdraw before you complete 4 classes. There is no refund after the first four classes.
- You must notify Lakeland College if you withdraw from the course. Non-attendance is not an official withdrawal from the course.
Last updated on