Pesticide Certification Program - Interprovincial Transfer
If you hold a recognized out-of-province certificate you may be issued an equivalent Alberta certificate. This is known as reciprocity. All reciprocity approvals are done through Lakeland College.
Before you receive the Alberta certification, based on your home province certification, you must write, at a minimum the Alberta Legislation exam (some exceptions may apply).
How to apply:
- Order the Core Reciprocity Lesson ($40) or full Authorized Assistant (Core Only manual) homestudy material order form.
- Complete the Pesticide Applicator reciprocity application form and mail to Lakeland College along with a copy of the current province certificate/exam transcript and application fee ($225). The 20 question applicator reciprocity exam is based on Alberta provincial legislation
- Schedule exam writing by calling Lakeland College.
You also need
- to be employed by an Alberta registered pesticide service
- to work for yourself, apply for a service registration
- register with the Alberta Corporate Registry if your company is a corporation based outside of the boundaries of Alberta. Your certificate(s) expire on your birthday. They are valid for approximately five years. Expiry dates will be no later than the original expiry date of the other provinces certificate.
|We recognize whole class certificates (no restrictions or part categories).|
|We recognize agriculture, industrial, landscape and aerial certificates|
|Ontario & Quebec|
|Applicators applying for reciprocity must write the full core exam to qualify for an Alberta certificate. When you pass the exam, you will receive a full certificate|
|New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island|
|For these certificates please call Alberta Environment to verify the certificate(s) you want to use for reciprocity.|
Lakeland College - Pesticides
5707 College Drive
Vermilion, AB T9X 1K5
1 866 853 8646 or direct in Vermilion at 780 853 8646