Launch Your Career
Lakeland College's Pre-employment Automotive Service/ Heavy Equipment Technician program prepares you with the skills and information necessary to become an apprentice in either the automotive service or heavy equipment field. Graduates with an attendance record of 90 per cent or better are eligible to write the first year Alberta apprenticeship exam if you meet trade entrance requirements.
- You'll learn automotive service and heavy equipment theory as well as receiving hands on practice in a lab setting.
- You'll gain lots of hands-on experience for real-world scenarios in our well-equipped labs and training facilities.
- You'll experience the day-to-day operations of the workplace while on your 4 week industry practicum.
- As part of your training, you'll earn various safety certifications.
- Pre-employment Automotive Service/Heavy Equipment Technician is based on the first-year of both the automotive service technician and the heavy equipment technician apprenticeship training programs.
- With small class sizes, instructors give you lots of one-on-one attention.
- Industry partnerships result in new hands-on learning opportunities and innovative equipment donations.
- You'll be eligible for a job in four months.
- Pre-employment courses are eligible for student funding.