Launch Your CareerLakeland College's Pre-employment Carpenter program prepares you with the skills and information necessary to become an apprentice in the field of carpentry. Graduates with an attendance record of 90 per cent or better are eligible to write the first year Alberta apprenticeship exam if you meet trade entrance requirements.
- You'll learn carpentry theory, estimating, an introduction to drafting, as well as receiving hands on practice in a lab setting.
- You'll gain lots of hands-on experience for real-world scenarios in our well-equipped labs and training facilities.
- You'll experience the day-to-day operations of the workplace while on your 4 week industry practicum.
- As part of your training, you'll earn various safety certifications.
- Pre-employment Carpenter is based on the first-year of the carpenter apprenticeship training program.
- With small class sizes, instructors give you lots of one-on-one attention.
- Industry partnerships result in new hands-on learning opportunities and innovative equipment donations.
- You'll be eligible for a job in four months.
- Pre-employment courses are eligible for student funding.