Launch Your CareerLakeland College's Pre-employment Electrician program prepares you with the skills and information necessary to become an apprentice in the electrical field. Graduates with an attendance record of 90 per cent or better are eligible to write the first year Alberta apprenticeship exam if you meet trade entrance requirements.
- You'll learn electrical theory, Canadian electrical code and trade mathematics, as well as receiving hands on practice in a lab setting.
- You'll have lots of hands-on practice for real-world scenarios in our well-equipped labs and training facilities.
- As part of your training, you'll earn various safety certifications.
- Pre-employment Electrician is based on the first-year of the electrical apprenticeship training program.
- With small class sizes, instructors give you lots of one-on-one attention.
- Industry partnerships result in new hands-on learning opportunities and innovative equipment donations.
- You'll be eligible for a job in four months.
- Pre-employment courses are eligible for student funding.