If English is your second language, you must show English proficiency through one of the following:
1. Meeting program admission requirements
2. Admission by special status
3. An acceptable score on one of:
- TOFEL (Test of English as a Foreign Language www.ets.org/toefl) Minimum of 86 on the iBT exam and a minimum score of 21 in each of the four tested areas. If your program requires spoken language proficiency you will need a minimum of 26 points in the speaking component.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System www.ielts.org) Minimum score of 6.5 overall with at least 5.5 on each band score.
- CAEL (Canadian Assessment of English Language www.cael.ca) Minimum score of 60 overall with at least 60 on each band score.
- MELAB (Michigan English Assessment Battery www.lsa.umich.edu/eli/) Minimum score of 60.