English Language Requirements
If English is your second language, you must show English proficiency through one of the following:
- Meeting program admission requirements or
- Admission by special status or
- An acceptable score on one of:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language www.ets.org/toefl)-minimum of 80 on the TOEFL Internet-based test (IBT) exam and a minimum score of 20 in each of the four tested areas.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System www.ielts.org)-minimum score of 6.0 overall with at least 5.5 on each band score on the General test for all programs except University Transfer which requires the Academic test.
- CAEL (Canadian Assessment of English Language www.cael.ca)-minimum score of 60 overall with at least 60 on each band score.
- MELAB (Michigan English Assessment Battery www.lsa.umich.edu/eli/)-minimum score of 80.
- PTE-A (Pearson Test of English, Academic)-overall score of 53 with no band less than 46.