Alumni Association Chapters
Alumni chapters create powerful Lakeland stories
So far, one chapter has been established under the Alumni Association (Rodeo and Stockman’s Club). You, too, can form a chapter under Lakeland College’s Alumni Association for your own fellow classmates, club members or group on campus. Here’s how:
- A chapter requires a minimum of 25 alumni members.
- Rules requiring membership eligibility (if different from general admission to Alumni Association must have association approval)
- Chapter executive are to be president, vice-president and secretary. (The secretary may maintain a petty cash float not to exceed $250.)
- All membership fees/dues in the form of lifetime or annual memberships are to be paid to Lakeland College Alumni Association.
- All events such as social events or fundraising must have expressed permission from the Alumni Association prior to the event.
- All monies generated by any fundraising event after costs are deducted must be dispersed to the student group that the chapter represents.
- A chapter may have its charter revoked for failure to follow the above rules or for behavior detrimental to the reputation of The Alumni Association or Lakeland College.
Adopted by the Alumni Association, 1998
The development of chapters or ’’Branch Societies“ must be created in accordance with the Alberta Government Societies Act section 31 which reads as follows:
- A society may establish and maintain one or more branch societies.
- A branch society shall have powers, not exceeding the powers of the society, that the society may from time to time confer.
- When a society establishes a branch society, it shall send immediately to the registrar a notice setting out the date on which the branch society was authorized,
- The title, locality and powers of the society, and
- Any other information the Registrar requires,
- And the society shall likewise notify the Registrar when a branch ceases to exist.
Alberta Societies Act
For more information or if you need help, contact:
Laurie Weatherill, President
Lakeland College Alumni Association