To find your Media Access Control (MAC) address, first make sure your wireless adapter is turned on.
- click on the start menu, Type cmd in the search field and press enter
- In the new window, type in ipconfig /all and press enter (Note: there is a space after ipconfig)
- Maximize your window, find Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection, the number code beside Physical Address is the MAC address of your computer
- Use your MAC address to fill out the wireless sign up sheet and return it to Information Technology in BB208 in Vermilion or 2026 in Lloydminster. Please allow IT up to 24 hours to process your wireless access request before continuing with the following steps.
- To join the wireless network, left click on the network icon and then click wireless networks available
- Click on LLCWireless and then click connect
- Type in the password lakeland and click connect
- If prompted to save the network, make sure the box has a check mark and click close
- When the network icon changes to a globe, you are connected to the internet