Wireless Access on Campus
Wireless Internet AccessLakeland College provides wireless internet access on both the Lloydminster and Vermilion campuses.
Our wireless network has changed. You don't have to submit a form to get access. But you do need to have your Lakeland network login and password.
Once you've configured your smart device, you should automatically connect with the LLC-BOYD network whenever you are on campus.
This is how it works:
- Open the network settings on your device. Drop downs below have instructions for specific operating systems.
- Choose the network LLC-BYOD (that's for bring your own device).
- Enter your Lakeland College username and password.
We'll also be providing this access for campus guests. Watch for details.
Note: Wireless access in residence is separate. If you'd like individual wireless in your room, please contact the residence office on your campus.
There are many makes and models, so your display might be different than the graphics. However the steps should work on all Android smart devices.
1. Open Settings and select wi-fi.
2. Choose LLC-BYOD
3. Enter the following settings.
4. Enter your Lakeland College username and password. This is what you use to sign on to a college computer. Then select connect.
|These instructions are for iPhones or iPads.
1. Open Settings and select wi-fi
2. Choose LLD-BYOD
3. Enter your Lakeland College username and password. This is what you use to sign on to a college computer.
4. Select Trust
If you have a Mac laptop, follow these steps to configure your device. Then, you're automatically connected to the network.
1. Select System Preferences, then Networks.
2. Select Wi-Fi, then Show Wi-Fi status in the menu bar.
3. Choose LLC-BYOD.
4. Enter your Lakeland College username and password. This is what you use to sign on to a college computer.
|There are 2 ways to connect with a Windows device including laptops and Surface tablets..
The first is the easiest. If it doesn't work, you'll have to go to the second method.
Click on the wireless icon on your tool bar.
You'll see something like this graphic. Simply sign in and you're connected.
Here's plan B.