Interior Design Job Postings
Note Lakeland College is not responsible for verifying all information provided by employers. The onus is on a student to check out each opportunity thoroughly before agreeing to the work or signing contracts of employment.
Want to check out an employer's reputation? Go to our online employment resources page, check the last drop down for research companies and use the links.
|Kitchen Designer - Deadline - May 15/18|
Company:Home Hardware Builders Centre
Application Deadline: 05-15-2018
Job Location:Fort St. John, BC
Name:Ellen Verbeek, Human Resources
Address:9820 - 108th Street, Fort St. John, BC V1J 0A7
The Kitchen Designer works closely with customers to design their kitchens, laundry rooms, offices, closets and more within their budget. The designer is responsible to communicate verbally, in person and by email to be sure that the customer’s cabinetry and storage needs are brought to life.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Strong knowledge of customer service requirements.
•Able to meet with clientele and effectively interpret their requests.
•Good computer skills with a good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
•Above average math skills.
•Experience with 2020 Design Program would be an asset but experience with similar program or a highly motivated and perceptive individual would be considered.
•Able to work independently.
•Physically fit and able to move materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Hours:40 hours per week
Job Start Date:05-22-2018
Application Requirements: Resume, Cover Letter, Application Form, References
How to Apply: In person, Email, Fax
|2020 Drafter - Deadline - May 31/18|
Application Deadline: 05-31-2018
(Students from the Interior Design program are encouraged to apply)
Position Type:Full-time Permanent
Address:14019-128 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5L 3H3
The 2020 Drafter is responsible for creating the essential documents and forms for all factory orders and potential orders based off of the order packages or 3-D requests submitted by the Sales Department. The 2020 Drafter will work in a fast-paced but casual environment and play a supporting role in ensuring customer satisfaction by actively engaging the Sales Department during the early stages of the order creation process while adhering to the guidelines and procedures outlined for them.
Knowledge and skills required:
•Excellent computer skills in 2020, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel
•Excellent and effective written and verbal communications skills, along with good interpersonal skills
•Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision and as part of a team
•Perform consistently under pressure and handle pressure/disappointment professionally
•Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of kitchen cabinet design and construction
•Consistently follow up on items/tasks
•Must be focused and attentive to details
•Must be able to function with interruptions and deadlines
•Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities effectively
•Able to work well with numbers
•Interest in keeping up with ever-changing technology
Hours:Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
Job Start Date:05-01-2018
Application Requirements: Resume and Cover Letter
How to Apply: Email or Online
|Interior Designer - Deadline - May 31/18|
Want to bring your career and life to new latitudes? We have the opportunity for you! Northern Capital Wood Products Ltd. is in search for an Interior Designer to join our dynamic team in Prince George, BC, where nature and community come together offering affordable living and short commutes.
Your new company:
Northern Capital Wood Products Ltd. opened in 1997 and is locally owned and operated. We specialize in custom cabinetry, hardwood & vinyl flooring, tiles, granite & quartz countertops, stone veneers as well as design services for commercial, new home construction, and renovations large or small. We have a beautiful showroom showcasing the latest in design, materials, finishes and hardware.
Your new role:
The successful candidate will be part of the Interior Design Department with a focus on custom cabinetry design primarily for kitchens and bathrooms, which often include renovations of adjacent living spaces. You will bring to life the customers dream kitchen utilizing your design style and popular trends. While your core projects will be kitchen and vanity cabinetry many projects require helping clients with selecting flooring, countertops, backsplashes and wall finishes from our showroom to complete the design concept.
What you'll need to succeed:
- The ability to read and understand floor plans and to see and think in three dimensions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of space planning, millwork, construction and a strong creative ability.
- Knowledge of design software including AutoCAD, 20/20, Sketch-Up, etc. - Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service.
- Qualify clients, execute design consultations, provide quotes and recommend products.
- Ability to manage expectations of clients through effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Expected to be self-directed, manage your time efficiently and collaborate with department teams.
- Must be highly motivated and a detail oriented individual.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects at once.
- 1-5+ years of combined education and work experience in interior design or related industry.
- Available to work Saturdays.
Additional skills to have as an added bonus:
- Knowledge of scheduling software such as MS Project and Gantt Charts.
- Prior experience with AccountEdge sales software.
- Working knowledge of standards and building codes currently in force in B.C.
- A degree or diploma from an accredited interior design or architecture program.
What you'll get in return:
- You will have a supportive and flexible work environment, where you are appreciated for the hard work you put in.
- You will be in a relaxed work place that enjoys socializing and is a great friendly/family orientated office.
- A dog friendly office where you can bring your best friend with you, if they play nice with others of course.
- A private office for the design department with your desk at a bright window.
- The successful applicant will be able to grow and develop with the company. There is opportunity for expanding your role to include new home design, outdoor living spaces, project management, on-site coordination, estimating and scheduling if you desire.
- A competitive wage based on experience.
- An extended health & benefits package.
- Employee Discounts.
- The benefits that Prince George has to offer, noted in the websites below.
What you need to do now:
- Check out our website at www.ncwp.ca.
- Peruse our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NorthernCapitalWoodProducts.
- And most importantly, send us a PDF copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org