Note Lakeland College is not responsible for verifying all information provided by employers. The onus is on a student to check out each opportunity thoroughly before agreeing to the work or signing contracts of employment.
Want to check out an employer's reputation? Go to our online employment resources page, check the last drop down for research companies and use the links.
|Vermilion Chamber of Commerce - Various Committees|
|Volunteer experience is a great addition to your resume and it helps connect you with your community. It will also give you an advantage when looking for full-time work!
The Vermilion & District Chamber of Commerce is looing for people to join various event committees such as:
Small Business Week
Festival of Trees
Candy Cane Countdown
For more information on these individual opportunities contact the Chamber Office at:
P: 780 853 6593
|Lloydminster Interval Home Society|
|Lloydminster Interval Home is actively recruiting volunteers
Duties can include:
We'd love to have you on our team!
For more information please call:
Lloydminster Interval Home Society
Volunteer Recruitment Office
|Big Brothers & Big Sisters|
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lloydminster wants You!
After School Discovery Program
Responsibilities of an After School Program Mentor include:
- playing games with the children in program
- assisting children during daily activity
- assisting staff
- leading by example and being a positive influence to the children
- to have fun!
- program runs from 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm on Monday to Friday at the Big Brothers Big Sisters Office on days that there is school
we ask that you commit to at least 1 day per week
- can complete volunteer hours
- opportunity to continue mentoring after school volunteer hours are completed
In School Mentor Program
Responsibilities of an in School Mentor include:
- being a friend to a younger student
- playing games and doing activities that interest you and a younger student
- leading by example and being a positive influence on the student
- to have fun!
- In School Mentors must be able to get themselves to and from an elementary school 1 day per week and must stay with the student for 1 hour
- must be able to commit for at least 1 school year
What's in it for you?
- completion of school required volunteer hours in a fun environment
- experience and references to add to your resume for job applications
- experience and references to add to your college / university applications
- the opportunity to help make a difference in a child's life
If you would like to volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lloydminster please contact us today!
P: 1 306 825 5757
|Volunteers Needed at Prairie North Health Region (Lloyd)|
|The Prairie North Health Region is in need of volunteers in Lloydminster for programs such as the Hospital Greeter, Friendly Visitor and Meals on Wheels, Wellness and Flu clinics as well as artists & musicians!
Benefits of being a volunteer include volunteer recognition and written references for resumes, scholarship applications and applications to post secondary education programs.
For more information or to enrol, contact:
Jennifer Gordon, Coordinator of Volunteer Services at
306-820-6204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Your Commitment . . . Making the World of Difference"
|Lloydminster & Area Brain Injury Society (LABIS)|
|The Lloydminster & Area Brain Injury Society (LABIS) is seeking volunteers
Volunteers are an important part of LABIS who work to enrich the lives of all the participants socially, physically, and emotionally. We are currently in need of some more volunteers.
LABIS is asking Volunteers to help out in Life Enrichment Program!
The Life Enrichment Program runs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 am - 4 pm. We would love to have people come and help out and have fun with our program for brain injured individuals.
For more information on LABIS, contact us:
#3, 4620 - 44 Street, Lloydminster, SK S9V 0G4
Benefits to volunteering:
|Wildlife Rehabilitation Intern - Deadline - Mar 31/19|
| Wildlife Rehabilitation Intern
Application Deadline: 3/31/2019
Job Location: Spruce Grove
Position Type: Summer Volunteer
Name: Elizabeth Malta
Address: 53327 Range Road 271, Spruce Grove, AB T7X 3L9
• Monitoring progress of patients, recording weights and food intake, and maintaining proper environment
• Assisting with medical treatments, capture and restraint of patients
• Hand-feeding orphaned mammals and birds around the clock
• Preparing species’ diets, daily feeding, cleaning and enrichment of animal enclosures
• Minimum age of 18 years of age or older
• Compassion for animals (especially wildlife)
• Enthusiasm for environmental conservation with a strong desire to learn and work well in a team environment
• Experience in animal husbandry (wildlife preferred)
• Experience or coursework an asset (biological or environmental sciences, wildlife rehabilitation or management, veterinary medicine, animal welfare or husbandry)
• Current tetanus vaccination, good physical health, and stamina
• Rabies vaccination an asset
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to be motivated, flexible and patient in a highly demanding work environment
• Criminal record check
• Must provide references
Hours: 20 hours per week
Job Start Date: 5/1/2019
Job End Date: 8/30/2019
Application Requirements: Resume and References
How to Apply: Email
The Borneo Nature Foundation is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join their four-week volunteer programme, which will runfor four sessions in April, June, August and October 2019. As a volunteer, you will gain an in-depth understanding of our conservation and environmental education activities and support these activities throughout the Program.