Note Lakeland College is not responsible for verifying all information provided by employers. The onus is on a student to check out each opportunity thoroughly before agreeing to the work or signing contracts of employment.
Want to check out an employer's reputation? Go to our online employment resources page, check the last drop down for research companies and use the links.
|Fire Extinguisher Technician - Deadline - until suitable candidate found|
Protech Fire & Safety Inc - Bay 42, 1259 Highfield Cres SE Calgary, AB
Help us achieve our goal and be part of a leading company!
We are currently looking for an entry level Fire Extinguisher Technician where the main objectives are to inspect, maintain fire extinguisher, for customers.
oInspect and maintain portable fire extinguishers, air cylinders, fire hoses and other equipment
oTrack parts inventory
oPrepare quotes and write various reports
oOffer customer service according to the company’s expectations
oEnsure to work safely and apply health and safety standards
oContribute to team efforts by performing any other related tasks
oHigh school diploma or diploma of accredited studies in fire prevention or equivalent
o1-2 years experience in a similar position or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities
oWorking knowledge of the NFPA and basic knowledge of fire safety standards and products
oProduct knowledge as well as working knowledge of inspections and installation
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to: email@example.com with the heading “Fire Extinguisher Technician”.
|Initial Attack Crew Members (Fire Ranger 2) - Deadline - Feb 17/17|
Advertisement Number: 32348
An eligibility list will be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Position: Initial Attack Crew Members - Fire Ranger 2 (FR2)
Location: Various locations in Manitoba (accommodations may be provided depending on location)
Length of Employment: Seasonal Departmental positions – approximately 15 to 20 weeks depending on location (May thru September 2017)
Salary Range: $1,419.20 - $1,516.00 bi-weekly – plus remoteness allowance where applicable.
Closing Date: 4:00pm Friday, February 17, 2017
Under the direction of a Helitac Officer, District Supervisor and/or the Crew Leader, the incumbent will act as a crew member on a 4 or 5-person initial attack forest fire fighting crew. Duties include:
● Provide suppression action on forest fires utilizing helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, boats, vehicles or other ground transportation means.
● Use and maintenance of forest firefighting equipment.
● Provide training and supervision for emergency fire fighters.
● Participate in employee training and development programs, and will be expected to participate in a mandatory daily fitness program.
● Assist with maintenance & construction projects as assigned, while not engaged in fire suppression.
● Conduct work activities in accordance with Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations.
● Experience in outdoor work involving manual labour.
● Experience in the use of small engine equipment, camping gear, and power tools.
● Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
● Training and/or experience in wildfire suppression.
● Knowledge of wildfire behaviour and fire weather.
● Experience flying in small fixed-wing aircraft and/or helicopters.
Conditions of Employment
● Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
● Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent (an Intermediate stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s licence is acceptable on a temporary basis. Candidates are expected to attain and maintain a full stage Class 5 driver’s licence on a permanent basis.)
● Must possess and maintain current certification in First Aid and CPR.
● Must be physically capable to perform the duties required of the position such as operation of chainsaws, carrying firefighting equipment, and working in adverse weather conditions.
● Must successfully pass the Canadian Physical Performance Exchange Standard for Type 1 Wildland Fire Fighters (WFX-FIT) fitness test.
● Must be willing and able to work weekends, overtime, and be deployed provincially, inter-provincially, or internationally as/when required.
The necessary forms to apply can be obtained at Manitoba Sustainable Development district offices, or downloaded and printed from the link:
Applicants are required to submit the following with their covering letter and resume:
● Application coversheet, Employment Related Reference Consent Form, and an Employment Equity Declaration Form.
● Three (3) References (minimum of one (1) work reference).
● Proof of their driver’s licence. Copies of the licence should be clear, legible, valid and current, and is required in order to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Your covering letter, resume and/or application must clearly state how you meet each of the above qualifications.
Incomplete or illegible applications will not receive consideration.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resume if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further considerations will be contacted.
Apply in writing to:
Please insert the advertisement number and position title into the subject line of your e-mail.
Manitoba Provincial IA Competition # 32348
Manitoba Wildfire Program – Sustainable Development
Lac du Bonnet, MB
Fax (204) 345-1420 – Attention: Chris Kuzenko or Email: Chris.Kuzenko@gov.mb.ca