Note Lakeland College is not responsible for verifying all information provided by employers. The onus is on a student to check out each opportunity thoroughly before agreeing to the work or signing contracts of employment.
Want to check out an employer's reputation? Go to our online employment resources page, check the last drop down for research companies and use the links.
|Fire Extinguisher Technician - Deadline - until suitable candidate found|
Protech Fire & Safety Inc - Bay 42, 1259 Highfield Cres SE Calgary, AB
Help us achieve our goal and be part of a leading company!
We are currently looking for an entry level Fire Extinguisher Technician where the main objectives are to inspect, maintain fire extinguisher, for customers.
o Inspect and maintain portable fire extinguishers, air cylinders, fire hoses and other equipment
o Track parts inventory
o Prepare quotes and write various reports
o Offer customer service according to the company’s expectations
o Ensure to work safely and apply health and safety standards
o Contribute to team efforts by performing any other related tasks
o High school diploma or diploma of accredited studies in fire prevention or equivalent
o 1-2 years experience in a similar position or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities
o Working knowledge of the NFPA and basic knowledge of fire safety standards and products
o Product knowledge as well as working knowledge of inspections and installation
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to: email@example.com with the heading “Fire Extinguisher Technician”.
|Fire Extinguisher Technician - Deadline - May 30/16|
Fire Extinguisher Technician
About the Organization
Cansal Safety Inc. Is proud to be a Canadian company providing a full range of fire, Safety protection services and equipment to meet your needs. From Installations, inspections and Audits. Here at Cansal Safety we make sure you, your organization and assets are safe! We are “where safety comes first”
Full Time Position: Monday to Friday
Location: Fort McMurray & Cold Lake
May 30, 2016
- Inspect, repair, and test fire extinguishers using hand tools, hydrostatic test equipment, and monitoring devices
- Dismantle extinguishers and examine mechanical parts, extinguishing agents, and expelling means; replaces worn or damaged parts
- Clean extinguishers and recharge them with approved materials
- Inspect, test, and repair Fire Extinguisher Equipment
- Assist in fire safety inspection
- Working conditions include restricted movement, air contamination, lifting or carrying of heavy objects
- Skill in inspection, repair, maintenance and testing techniques for fire safety equipment and systems
- Fire extinguisher maintenance certification
- Experience in fire extinguisher service would be considered an asset
- Ability to work with small tools
- Ability to lift 55lbs
- Competent computer skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to work independently
- Work on Site at Any oil and gas sites
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume outlining your experience and education as well as your wage/compensation expectations. All inspections, repairs and maintenance on fire extinguishers and systems is performed in accordance with NFPA-10 please email us you resume at firstname.lastname@example.org