Where will I live?
Do I have enough money?
Should I go back to school?
How do I find a job?
With graduation just around the corner – there are a lot of things to think about. It is stressful.
It's also completely normal to feel anxious, overwhelmed, excited, unsure, and a bit lost. Here are some tips to help you as you make the transition from college to the working world.
5 Tips for College Grads
- Accept what you cannot change. Not everything works out as planned – remember, when one door closes, another door opens!
- Take action towards building the future you want. Make goals for yourself, apply for jobs even if you don’t meet the “qualifications”, go outside your comfort zone, don’t ever stop learning!
- Focus on how far you have come. Be proud of your accomplishments and don’t be so hard on yourself – this is only just the beginning!
- Budget your money wisely. Once you start making money, you may be tempted to spend, spend, spend. Be careful – situations can change in a hurry and you never know when you might decide to go back to school or to travel, or need to put new brakes in your vehicle.
- Have a strong support system. Keep in contact with teachers, family, friends, roommates and classmates. Go out meet as many people as possible – those connections are important for your well-being and success.
Lakeland College offers a wide range of services that can help relieve some stress about the future.
One stop should be our student employment advisor who can help you polish your resume. Check out all the student employment resources
. You can also check our online job postings
Lakeland's wellness advisor
also has resources to help.
Trahan, A. (2013, May 8). Now What? 4 Tips For Dealing With Change After Graduation
| TalentEgg Career Incubator. Retrieved March 2015