Jetting off to learning
While three student groups are all going south during reading week, it's not just a week at the beach for the Dairy Club, Ag Tour Club and AHT Club. The Dairy Club is off to Fresno, Calif, one of the American dairy hubs. The Ag Tour Club is split between Texas and Hawaii, while 2nd year AHT students will be in Las Vegas for the annual Western Veterinary Conference.
Grad shares her enviro journey
Her love for the environment took her away from university math studies to Lakeland's natural resources technology, now wildlife & fisheries conservation major. Now a botanist working in Saskatchewan, Sarah Vinge-Mazer shared her field experiences--helicopter rides to snowshoeing--with current WFC students when she visited the Vermilion campus in late January.
In other news
Interim president Alice Wainwright-Stewart has a full February calendar
More environmental sciences stories in the spotlight:
- Taking 21 students to an international workshop was a very deliberate choice by CARE instructor Robin Lagroix-McLean. The Prairie Restoration & Reclamation workshop was an opportunity for networking, applied learning and inspiration says Lagroix-McLean, and her students.
- 15 years after graduating from the then compliance and monitoring program Mike Fernandez says he has the "coolest" job in government as executive director of market diversification for Alberta Energy.
Dates are set and at least tentative schedules are available for all of the program info sessions happening between Feb 24 and March 20. Check the info sessions page
for links to all the
- Rustler curlers won't be going to provincials in Grande Prairie at the end of February. The men came closest as they lost in a four-way tie breaker at the end of the winter regional in Camrose on the weekend.
- Both men's and women's basketball teams swept the Keyano Huskies at games in Lloydminster on Friday and Saturday. The women still have only 2 losses on the season, while the wins put the men in the playoffs. See photos on flickr.
- Read about dual sport student-athlete Lessa Eggum who plays both basketball and futsal for the Rustlers.
Rowdy helped load the KFC T-shirt cannon during Rustler basketball. See more Rustler basketball pictures along with the special Aboriginal showcase event at the games on Feb 6 in this edition of the photo gallery. Also featured are Rustler curling and student fundraising activities.