Three Lakeland apprentices claim top provincial honours
Good things happen in three and that's what happened when three Lakeland apprenticeship students claimed three Top Apprenticeship Awards at the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Branch Awards dinner held in Edmonton. Find out who they are.
Skills competition offers great experience for high school students
Trevor Charron offers some advice to this year's competitors at the Lakeland Regional Skills Competiton that kicks off Thursday, April 19 at the Vermilion campus. He's currently a first-year electrical apprentice at Lakeland. Last year as a high school student, he won the regional event, placed first at provincials, and finished seventh at nationals.
And more headlines ...
From Glenn's desk
- Lakeland College's president returns with his bi-weekly column. Find out what's been filling his calendar. Click here.
Business students help guide the future
- Five Lakeland students unveiled a new website that they designed for a Lloydminster and area community group that is wanting to collect information and ideas to help set a path towards a promising future. Read more.
Whoa! Working Cowboy Competition & Sale rein in top-notch results
- More than 200 students, alumni, visitors along with staff and faculty filled the Indoor Riding Arena for the Working Cowboy Competition and Working Cowboy Horse sale at the Vermilion campus this weekend. It was a great time along with great results to boot! Read more
2012 Women's Conference
- Plan to attend the fourth annual Women’s Conference & Trade Show, May 3 at the Vermilion Regional Centre. This year’s speakers are newspaper columnist Reena Nerbas, author Bal Arneson and chef Jenni Willems. The conference is co-sponsored by Lakeland College’s Staff Fund and AUPE PD Fund, Vermilion Credit Union, TD Canada Trust, the Government of Alberta, and the Vermilion & District Chamber of Commerce. Registration deadline is April 20. For more details call Lakeland's Theresa Berg (ext. 8624) or email
Through the lens
- Check out the Lakeland Link Photo Gallery for a glimpse of events and happenings from April 2 to 15. Click here