Co-op Internship - How to Apply
Eligibility RequirementsTo be eligible for a co-op placement, you must:
- be registered in the business administration diploma (any of the five majors)
- maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the fall semester
- be enrolled in a minimum course load of 12 credits (15 credits preferred)
- participate in an interview with the co-op coordinator
- agree to represent Lakeland College with appropriate professional conduct
Note: This course is not available for International students.
How to ApplyIt's easy and simple.
Use this interactive Co-operative Education Application Form (pdf) Return it before the Oct 30 deadline to the co-op placement coordinator.
It doesn't cost anything. There is no application fee.
You will be asked:
- if you would relocate for the work term
- previous work experience
- volunteer experience
- extracurricular activities
- You may apply to an established co-op placement employer or arrange an internship with a business of your choice. However, this employer must be approved by the co-op coordinator.
- Placements aren't finalized until January to ensure you have maintained a 2.0 GPA
|If your application is accepted|
You must have maintained a minimum 2.0 GPA throughout the fall semester.
You will then prepare for your placement by participating in 4 workshops, beginning in mid January.
|Job placement process|
|The placement process is competitive. You apply and interview for your potential position. Employers who interview are under no obligation to make job offers, so the placement is not guaranteed.
If your interview with the employer is successful: