Energy Petroleum Technology
Heavy Oil Operations Technician - Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age to participate in the practicum component of the program.
- High school diploma with a minimum 50% in:
- English 30-1 or 30-2
- Math 30-1 or 65% in Math 30-2
- One of Physics 20, Chemistry 20 or 65% in Science 20. Physics 20 is preferred.1
If you didn’t graduate from an Alberta high school, please refer to the English, math and science provincial subject equivalencies. If you don’t meet the admission requirements, please refer to admissions screening and testing (no hyperlink at this time).
While not admission requirements, it helps if you:
- have mechanical interest and aptitude
- are prepared for shift work
- have good health as it is necessary for physically demanding and outdoor work
|You require 3 safety tickets by registration day. Please email a copy of the tickets to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get training
Many businesses offer safety training. You can find training by searching safety training plus your location on the internet.
If you live in the Lloydminster area, you can take this training through:
• ASTEC at astecsafety.com or call 780 875 0331. ASTEC also has offices in Bonnyville and Provost.
• CANSAFE at cansafesafety.com or call 306 825 8845 or toll free 1 800 318 2152
All tickets must have an expiry date later than your program end date. We suggest May 1, 2023 or later.
If you already have valid tickets, but they expire before your program ends you will need to update your training.
If you have any questions about safety tickets, please contact Colleen via email at email@example.com, or call direct in Lloydminster at 780 871 5485. Call toll-free at 1 800 661 6490 ext 5485.
|When you complete the course requirements and have attended at least 90% of you classes, you will be awarded a Certificate in Heavy Oil Operations Technician.|