Conservation & Restoration Ecology (CARE) - Jobs & Careers
Demands for accountability and global responsibility from the public and advocacy groups have triggered job growth in government, industries and regulatory bodies.
- enhancing and conserving habitat
- classifying and assessing wetlands and grasslands
- conducting species-at-risk recovery
- actively restoring disturbed landscapes
- surveying plants, animals and soils
- doing environmental site assessments
- managing invasive plants
Salary potentialThe average, career-related starting wage for Lakeland Environmental Science Diploma graduates is $55,786. The Alberta Wage and Salary Survey reports that environmental industry wages start at $44,800, and average $136,000.
- 100% of CARE graduates have either started their careers in the environmental industry or have chosen to pursue a degree here or elsewhere
- 100% of CARE graduates say they are confident that they have the knowledge and skills they need to start a career
- 92% of CARE graduates were either satisfied or very satisfied with this program and they would recommend it to others.
Employers hire Lakeland Grads
- 94% of employers would hire a Lakeland grad again
- 100% of employers would recommend Lakeland grads to other employers
- 97.1% of employers are satisfied with the quality of Lakeland College grads
What our Alumni say92 % are grads are happy in their jobs. Their satisfaction goes up if the job is related to their program
Source: 2016 Lakeland College Graduate Survey of Class of 2014. Conducted by insightrix
Check out where CARE graduates have found jobs and other industry links in the drop downs below.