Fire & Emergency Services
NFPA 1521 Incident Safety Officer
Academy Features & Benefits:
- Excellent opportunity to prepare for the Pro Board Incident Safety Officer Certification exam.
- Up-to-the-minute information on Incident Safety Officer challenges and trends
- Designed to addresses spirit and intent of NFPA 1521 (2015 ed.), Chapter 5, Incident Safety Officer
- Provides KSA’s for Reading Buildings, Reading Smoke, Risk Assessment, Hazardous Energy, and Firefighters
- Preventing firefighter injuries through proactive “Prehab” and "Rehab"
- Challenges of interacting with the IC on scene
- The ISO Action Model
- Video clip review from of actual incidents
- Group activities and scenario practice
|NFPA 1521 Incident Safety Officer|
Incident Safety Officer Training
Prerequisite: NFPA 1021 Level I
Textbook: Dodson. D. (2016). Fire Department Incident Safety Officer, 3rd ed. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning (available at AFCA).
Evaluation: Proctored exam
Certification: ProBoard certification will be administered by the Fire Department Safety Officers Association.
Date: November 17-18, 2020
Registration & Deadlines
These courses are offered in partnership with the Fire Department Safety Officers Association Incident Safety Officer Academy. ProBoard certification will be administered by the Fire Department Safety Officers Association Incident Safety Officer Academy.