Connect with at risk youth and children. Learn how to support them and their families.
Lakeland provides real world learning with 4 practicum placements in your 2-year program. You'll be placed at an agency, organization or school 5 days a week for 4 weeks.
You might even do that practicum in an international location. Every other year you could broaden your perspective by working in a different country and culture.
Experience the benefit of our unique-in-Canada animal assisted therapy elective.
Along the way you’ll develop knowledge and skills such as:
- observing, reporting and assessing skills in case management situations
- building therapeutic relationships
- helping children and youth who have behavioural or learning difficulties
- supporting family interventions
- recognizing symptoms of abuse & addiction
- building resiliency
- working with children and youth in diverse settings
This program can also be taken online. To see the face-to-face and online schedules, check out important dates link above.