Paying Tuition & Fees
Lakeland College offers a number of ways to pay:
- online through your bank (set Lakeland College up as a payee in your online banking. Your student ID # is your account #)
- online through your My Lakeland account.Please note: There's a 2.5% convenience fee on credit card payments made through My Lakeland. New students will be emailed My Lakeland log-on information approximately 3 weeks before registration.
- in person (limited to current on campus students during COVID restrictions)
- via mail - Cheques or money orders should be made payable to Lakeland College. Remember: Cash should not be sent through the mail.
- with student loans
- through a sponsorship -Sponsored students (eg Human Resources Canada, Workers’ Compensation) must supply a letter of commitment from the sponsoring agency at or before registration.
See the academic fees page for a breakdown of different fees.
What do I owe?
You'll need to go into My Lakeland to see what you owe for tuition, residence and other fees.
If you are a new student, you'll receive a link to your My Lakeland account a few weeks before your first semester starts.
If you're an online student, you'll be given access after you're accepted into the program. Then you choose and pay for the individual courses you want to take.
Second semester fees for full-time students are usually posted 2 to 3 weeks before that semester starts. If you're on a September to April schedule, your fees will show up in December.
Set up a bill payment
Effective December 2020, you’ll be able to pay your tuition, mandatory fees and residence rent. All of those amounts will show up in your My Lakeland account by December 15. But you don’t need to use My Lakeland to pay.
Set up bill paymentThis service is only for payments within Canada.
- Log in to your online banking service.
- Go to pay bills (or your bank's equivalent).
- Add the Lakeland College as a payee. The account number is your 9 digit student number.
You also need to know:
- make sure to leave enough time (about three days) for your bank to deliver the funds to Lakeland College by the tuition payment due date.
- check your bank's website for information on payment processing times.
- anyone can pay your tuition and fees on your behalf through their own bank account. You need to give them your 9 digit student number and payment amount.
- due to privacy legislation, we cannot provide a student's account information to anyone other than the student.
- you may still pay on My Lakeland with your credit card (MasterCard or VISA).
Paying with Student Loans
Paying with Student Loans
If you are paying your fees with a student loan, at least one semester of mandatory fees will be deducted.
If you are sponsored
Sponsored students (for example Human Resources Canada, Workers’ Compensation) must supply a letter of commitment from the sponsoring agency at or before registration.day.
Lakeland College will work directly with your sponsor to collect your fees.
Consequences of late/non-payment
- Failure to pay your fees on the due date will result in a $200 late fee charge on your account. An additional $100 fee will be charged for each week after that on any outstanding balance.
- Non-payment of fees will result in cancellation of your registration at Lakeland College.
- Applications and registrations for students with outstanding accounts won't be processed.
- If you have an outstanding account, your exam results, official transcripts, diplomas/certificates, and other information and services will be withheld.
Refunds depend on when you withdraw or if you were required to withdraw.
A schedule of withdrawal dates can be found on the academic year schedule..
Online course fees are non-refundable after you start the course.
- Withdrawals must to reported to Lakeland's apprenticeship registration coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 800 661 6490 ext 8500.
- If you withdraw up to 5 working days before the first day of class you'll receive a full refund minus a $100 administration fee.
- No refunds after you start the class
Continuing education refund policies are explained on each course page.