Supporting instructional excellence: Faculty development
Learning isn't just a student activityWhether you are a rookie or veteran college instructor, faculty development and support has resources to assist you as you prepare, teach and evaluate your students.
Our faculty development coordinators work with faculty, department chairs and other Learning Commons staff to create programs and resources, evaluate and assess needs and facilitate or teach workshops.
- designing, running and evaluating programs including events and workshops as well as professional development
- coaching best practices in course development , teaching methods, creating assignments and evaluating student work in online, blended learning and face-to-face classes
- helping individual instructors identify their goals
- researching, analyzing and sharing teaching models and learning theories
- helping faculty integrate educational technology in their classrooms
- helping with needs assessments
Our faculty development coordinators support both campuses.
New Faculty Orientation
Connect with experienced instructors, learn about D2L, tour both campuses and even present practice lessons during new faculty orientation.
Accessibility in your classroom
So many more people are able to be successful students because their disability has been diagnosed. You are likely to have both visible and invisible disabilities in your class. Learn tips.