Clicked, flipped & wiredThe ed tech world feels like its changing at the speed of light, the latest buzz might make you dizzy contemplating all that you could integrate in your classroom.
If you are wondering how ed technology applies to you, or how it might benefit you or your students, these links and resources are a place to start. You'll discover what other instructors are doing, and where that might work for you.
Ed Tech Resources
Watch a 13-minute video that gives an overviews the SAMR (Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition) model.
You can use the guide to evaluate how technology is being used in your classroom and how to take the next step to using technology more effectively.
Also check out more resources listed under the video.
- The Instructional Technology Council promotes good practice when using instructional technology.
- This starting point for thinking about teaching and technology comes from the U of S and covers integrating technology in your teaching practice.
- Campus Technology is an entire website dedicated to educational resources. It covers a wide range of topics and you can sign up for their free newsletter.
- Educause Learning Initiative has a number of ed tech resources including a series of 7 things you should know about....
Try online learning resources: <ul">
Best practices for online instruction plus advantages and disadvantages of online learning, are on West Virginia University’s faculty resources site.
Top 10 rules for developing your first online course can guide a rookie online instructor on course development.
Smart Board Resources
Other Technology Tools
- Prezi is an online presentation creator, making it easy to change and adapt them no matter where you are – no USB needed. There is a free public option, as well as a free education one, which gives you a bit more storage room. It is very interactive and embeds YouTube videos seamlessly; no having to minimize the presentation and click on your video.
- Kahoot is a way to create, play and share games anywhere with Wi-Fi access for FREE.
- Check out EdGames for customizable games. They have a wide range available – sports themed, TV game shows, board games and so on.
- Educational Technology and Mobile Learning is a resource of educational web tools and mobile apps for teachers and educators. It includes: android apps, everything Google (apps, docs, forms), iPad apps, note-taking tools, plagiarism tools and much more. Here are a few quick links: