Free, confidential counselling
Counselling servicesWhen one of the best times of your life becomes the most stressful, Lakeland's counsellors are here to help.
Our goal is to provide accessible and compassionate psychological supports to you. So you can have the best possible college experience. We use a short-term therapy model to help you improve your personal, social and academic well-being.
Each campus has a full-time counsellor. Their contact information is listed in a tile. Some common issues we've helped with include:
- test anxiety
- social anxiety
- self harm
- eating disorders
- relationship problems
- adapting to life in Canada
- personal identity
- sexual identity
Chantel Walker is the counsellor on the Lloydminster campus.
Visit her in person. Check in at the library front desk or stop by her office 2074A
To book an appointment:
Alyce Allaster-Hunsperger is the counsellor on the Vermilion campus.
Visit her in person at Vermilion student services.
To book an appointment:
- call 780 853 8650
- text 871 3954
- email alyce.allaster-hunsperger@lakelandcollege. ca
- call Jeri Hartwell at 780 853 8516
After hours help
Free walk-inMental Health and Addictions in Lloydminster has hours:
- Tuesday and Thursdays 5 to 7 pm
- every second Saturday from 9am to 2 pm
- if risk is immediate, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room
- call the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) distress line at 1 800 232 7288
- call the Addiction Help Line at 1 866 332 2322
- use the free online chat and text counselling support through your student health plan.Register for Maple App, then download and use it.
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) distress line at 1 800 232 7288
- Addiction Help Line at 1 866 332 2322
Quick articles on a lot of wellness topics
Lakeland is part of the Campus Well network.
An e-zine with constantly updated articles and information, check out Campus Well, to learn more.
Support & help organizations
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- The LifeLine Canada Foundation
- Canadian Association of Sexual Assault Centres
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Alcoholics Anonymous - find a group in your area
- Narcotics Anonymous - find a group in your area
- Bell Let's Talk get help section
- Lloydmister Sexual Assault Centre
- Lloydminster Mental Health - includes a navigation guide to help you on your journey. There's a directory with online resources including mobile apps.
- Alberta Mental Health services - Vermilion 780 581 8000